What does your choir fee include?
- Weekly rehearsal tuition (2 rehearsals/week, 4 hours)
- Music and uniform rental (full season)
- Cantilon Choral Society membership fee
- Cantilon rehearsal polo
- Weekend choir camp (November)
- Two full program concerts (Christmas & Spring)
- Performance at Fall Fundraiser (October)
- Canadian Tour Exchange Program with Experiences Canada (March)
- Music Festival entry fees
- Community performances (church services, Edmonton ESO performances, etc.)
- Participation in Cantilon theatre productions
- Special guest clinicians and teachers
Fees for the 2023-2024 choral season include both tuition ($2370) and touring costs ($600).
Tuition and touring fees are payable in monthly installments:
$330/month from September 1, 2023 to May 1, 2024
*Eligible to fundraise up to $1100
At your first rehearsal, please bring 2 deposit cheques:
Volunteer Deposit: $200.00 cheque post dated to May 31, 2024.
Chamber choir families are required to fulfill four volunteer credits or positions throughout the year. If the volunteer commitment has been fulfilled, this deposit cheque will be shredded at the end of the choral season. You are welcome to ask us to deposit this cheque if you’d rather not fulfill your volunteer commitment.
Uniform Deposit: $200.00 cheque post dated to May 31, 2024. Once your child’s uniform has been returned undamaged, this cheque will be shredded.
Cantilon offers regular fundraising opportunities throughout the year. Chamber choir families are welcome to participate in any program. Any fundraising credits earned in this choral season will be applied to your fees to a maximum of $500. Excess fundraising credits will stay on your account and can be applied to tuition fees the following season. These credits apply to the family so any member of your family can use them; and, if unused, will stay on your account for 2 years. Watch for emails from the Cantilon office with updates on upcoming fundraising initiatives.